Duty Manager – Attractions IMG Events (BPS)
Duty Manager – Attractions
Salary £28,080 a year - Full-time
- Company events
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Store discount
Join our dynamic team as a Duty Manager and play a key role in creating unforgettable experiences for our guests at Lift 109, London’s epic new viewing experience.
The experience begins in Battersea Power Station’s historic art deco Turbine Hall A where an interactive multi-media exhibition charts the industrial history of the power station, its architectural prominence as part of the city’s skyline and its enduring presence within popular culture. Visitors will then take an exhilarating elevator ride up the inside of one of the building’s iconic chimneys. At the top, from a viewing platform 109-metres above ground, they will take in a unique panoramic 360-degree view of the city. The experience ends at a dedicated retail store where visitors will be able to purchase a keepsake of their visit.
As a Duty Manager, you will help to create transformational leisure experiences in our attraction for our guests whilst providing supervisory support to all host roles. You will be instrumental in driving repeat visits by delivering the highest possible standards of guest service, presentation, and attraction knowledge and for ensuring that the operation runs smoothly.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the delivery of fantastic KPI results, including a trip advisor rating target of 4.5.
- Responsibility for training and development for all host roles along with the Department Manager.
- Drive retail operations for optimal efficiency and exceptional customer experiences through effective leadership and process optimization.
- Drives positive culture throughout team by leading engaging team meetings, maintaining high quality standards, and coaching team members to deliver high standards.
- Manages both good and poor performance in an effective manner, ensuring systems are in place to cope with operational challenges.
- To become knowledgeable about the Battersea Power Station story, be able to recount how energy is made and make recommendations for bars, restaurants and other amenities within the complex.
- Implementing and maintaining methods of communication between visitors and the attraction.
- Conduct regular site walks to ensure the highest standard of entertainments is being delivered and whilst on tour observe standards of cleanliness are being maintained and where necessary report back to senior management.
- To do any reasonable duty as detailed by the Management team of the attraction, including covering shifts as required.
- Ensure all site personnel are aware of the day’s activities and are familiar with the contents of the entertainments package, groups and schools expected and at particular times the number of expected.
- Previous management/supervisory experience, ideally gained within a visitor attraction or retail related business.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Success in delivering exceptional retail experiences.
- A real passion for delivering the highest standards of customer service.
- Knowledge of London and other available tourist attractions to be able to make recommendations to visitors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A methodical approach to problem solving.
- Good organisational skills.
- Company events to foster team bonding and celebrate achievements.
- Company pension plan for long-term financial security.
- Discounted or free food to enjoy during working hours.
- Employee discount for attractions and services within Battersea Power Station.
- Flexitime options for a better work-life balance.
- Store discount on retail products.
- Free and discounted attraction tickets.