Part-Time Sales Assistant (24 hrs) – Jigsaw, Battersea Power Station
Jigsaw is recruiting.
By adopting the values of Style & Truth across the whole business – from recruitment to product – we safeguard the long term health of the brand and we create more than just fashion.
A bit about us
Founded in 1970, Jigsaw was the first premium fashion brand on the high street. Since then, the company has expanded worldwide to work with the finest mills, cutting edge photographers, up-and-coming models and renowned architects. But the search for the best in the industry never stops.
As our journey continues, we’re looking for a warm, passionate, talented and friendly (Style Advisor) to join our team in Battersea Power Station. You will be working 24 hours per week.
Here, you’ll learn about Style & Truth: a set of values that sets us apart from the rest of the high street, a belief that everyone should feel empowered to embrace their own style, be true to themselves, and not slavishly follow the fashion world. This means putting style before trends and truth before hype.
This is a fabulous opportunity for someone who wants to start or resume a career in fashion. whether you’ve taken a career break, time to start or look after your family, or just have an interest in fashion – we want to hear from you!
Similarly, if you have any challenges or need any reasonable adjustments if offered an interview, please let us know and we can make sure the interview is right for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Greeting, assisting and selling to customers
- Coaching Junior Sales Advisors staff
- Leading staff and direct their activities as briefed by store management
- Operating tills and handling financial transactions
- Merchandising and replenishing stock as directed
- Assisting with deliveries and stock handling as directed
- Working alongside Deputy Manager and Supervisors
- Understanding our company’s culture, products and initiatives
- Taking responsibility for personal development and actively seek opportunities for improvement
- To undertake any other reasonable duty as directed by your line managers
What we look for
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Warm, friendly and engaging personality
- The ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team
- Passionate about the company and about fashion
- A strong commitment to customer service and maintaining excellent store standards
- Cooperative and willing to ‘muck in’
- Motivated by being a team player with a common goal
- The ability to understand and analyse sales figures to increase performance
In return, some examples of our comprehensive benefits package include:
- Fantastic Staff discount schemes – up to 50% (and 70% on 5 items per season)
- Generous seasonal Uniform Allowance
- Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Access to the Retail Trust, Jigsaws benefits provider, for a whole host of resources, support and discounts
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications are encouraged from individuals regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships or pregnancy and maternity.