Senior Sous Chef (BAO) Battersea Power Station
Senior Sous Chef — BAO Battersea
Salary – Up to £42,000 pa
Schedule – Full Time
Experience – 1 year in a quality Restaurant at this level or similar
BAO Battersea are seeking a Senior Sous Chef to join their team. The successful candidate will be friendly, personable and passionate about all things food and drink. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Sous Chef looking for a new role in an award winning, critically acclaimed group.
Each BAO location represents a different slice of culture in Taiwan.
BAO Noodle Shop is inspired by the beef noodle shops of Taiwan. Specialising in bowls of noodle, made in house using specially imported flour, BAO and xiao chi; and for those who like to sing whilst they eat, a Jacque Tati ‘Playtime’ inspired Karaoke room.
As Senior Sous Chef, you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of consistent, high quality and innovative dishes throughout the operation. You will play a key role in menu development, working closely with the Head Chef; you will assist in managing the overall kitchen operation, including prep schedules, stock control, budgeting and maintenance, as well as the day-to-day management of the kitchen team.
If you have the following, then we want to hear from you:
- Previous experience as a Senior Sous Chef or Sous Chef in a high-quality Restaurant.
- Strong awareness of trends and seasonality of produce.
- A highly creative approach to your work with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage, train and motivate a Kitchen brigade.
- Experience scheduling and reviewing staff rotas.
- A working knowledge of health and safety, compliance and procedures.
This is a very exciting opportunity not to be missed for a talented Sous Chef eager to join a restaurant group with ambitious plans.
- 50% off dining across BAO and JKS Restaurants.
- School of BAO – workshops, talks and field trips.
- BAO yearly anniversary gifts.
- A personalised learning and development plan to develop your skills and knowledge.
- Employee Assistance Program
BAO is more than just a place to eat. It is a place where design meets food, at BAO we Think Food, Serve Design. BAO started in a car park in East London in 2013, and the group now has 5 restaurants; Rice Error, a delivery brand; and Convni, their online digital supermarket.
At BAO we seek people who warm our souls through cooking and hospitality. We strive to cultivate an environment where our design is inspiring, where our unconventional way of thinking bring humour and innovation; our detail challenges you to do your best.