Battersea Power Station is a mixed-use destination, set to transform London’s landscape and the local community.
Battersea Academy for Skills & Employment (BASE) and its associated companies which are listed in Appendix 1 (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
BASE is a company incorporated at St Paul’s Gate, New Street, St Helier, JE4 8ZB, Jersey. Associated data controllers and processors within the group are set out in Appendix 1.
BASE may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 16/05/2018.
Types of data we collect and process
We may collect the following information:
- National insurance number
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Passport number and other documents establishing that you have the right to work in the UK
- Previous work experience
- Information about training and qualifications
- Criminal records checks
- Driving licence number
- Information of any government benefits received
- References from previous employers
What do we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Fulfilling contracts: To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. For example:
- We need your previous employment history and qualifications to find jobs which might be a good match for you.
- We need your employment history in order to obtain references.
- We need proof that you can work in the UK in order to fulfil our legal obligations.
- We need your contact details to let you know about opportunities which you may be interested in.
- Employment updates: We may send you emails about new job listings.
- Direct marketing: Provided that you consent, we may use your data to provide you with information about upcoming events, promotions, products and services we believe may interest you, in accordance with the Community Charter. For example we may use your browsing and purchase history to inform you of current sales at on-site retailers who provide goods you have previously purchased. If you want us to stop using your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How we disclose your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) as listed in Appendix 1.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. For example, we may share your CV with potential employers, with your permission.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If BASE or its affiliates or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Marketing and Recruitment Services: If you consent to receive marketing and recruitment services from us, we will keep this information on our database for 5 years from your subscription, unless you unsubscribe or extend your subscription.
Performance of contracts: We will retain information which is necessary for us in order to perform obligations under contracts for 7 years from the end of performance of the contract.
Secure storage of your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us and use secure remote access when outside the EEA.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. You are responsible for keeping your password and username confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate technical and organisational measures including strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access or loss of your data.
Your right to access, erase and rectify your personal data
You have the right to:
- Access information held about you;
- Request that we rectify information held about you where this is inaccurate or out of date; and
- Request that we erase your data, unless it is necessary for us to retain this in order to fulfil our contractual obligations.
This can be done by contacting us at email@example.com
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Appendix 1 – Group companies
- Battersea Foundation
- Battersea Power Station Asset Management
- Battersea Power Station Development company
- Battersea Power Station Estate Management
- Battersea Power Station Estates
- Battersea Power Station Management Services
- Battersea Project Land Company